1st Grade Math Long-term Substitute Teacher, Charlotte Lab School
Job Posting Date: July 20th, 2021
Hours: Full-Time, Monday-Friday, 7:15am-3:45pm
Start Date: Sept. 6th, 2021
Contract End Date: Expected Oct. 15th, 2021 (to be finalized)
Charlotte Lab School Substitute Teachers will have responsibilities in support of Charlotte Lab School instruction:
- Follow guidance and lesson plans provided by regular core content area teacher;
- Complete student work and mastery assessments and feedback as outlined by the regular core content teacher;
- Deliver instruction to students by content area aligned to the Common Core & NC State Standards;
- Facilitate instruction for whole class, small group, individuals, and advisory group;
- Integrate technology into instruction;
- Operate the designated Learning Management System for assigned age-group (i.e. Seesaw, Google Classroom);
- Supervise students and maintain a clean, orderly, safe, and positive classroom learning environment;
- Manage classroom behavior in a fair and respectful manner using an appropriate tone and a restorative / trauma-informed approach;
- Alert the Guidance Counselor, Dean of Students/Culture or Student Support Assistant if student support issues arise;
- Fulfill all other duties & responsibilities as assigned by the teacher or supervisor (i.e. attendance, arrival/dismissal duty, lunch/recess duty, etc.)
- Be able/willing to learn how to fulfill the responsibilities listed above;
- Have a high school diploma.
In addition, the Charlotte Lab Instructional Leadership Team will look favorably upon candidates who:
- Have obtained a bachelor’s degree;
- Have experience working with students of all ages;
- Have previous experience working with diverse populations;
- Are motivated to work in an open, progressive school environment;
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability;
- Have strong classroom management and communication skills;
- Demonstrate sound judgment and decision-making skills;
- Are comfortable with technology and quick learner of various computer applications; and
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with others.
Salary is $100/day. Long-term positions where planning is involved may also be available at a slightly higher salary (inquire within).
Please visit www.charlottelabschool.org/lab-faculty/working-at-lab to complete an application. You will be asked to include your resume and a detailed cover letter demonstrating your interest in working for Charlotte Lab School.
Charlotte Lab School is strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and we encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds. Charlotte Lab School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, national, ethnic origin, or any other reason prohibited by state or federal law.